REALLY "TRI" ING


are floaties allowed?

Monday, July 11, 2011

T minus 6 days.     Swimming lesson

Dear 12 followers and 2 lurkers,
I have an announcement:
 I am going to win the 2011 Stone Harbor Triathlon.

 Today I became a swimmer.

As it turns out, real swimming gets you from one end of the pool to the other.  Without stopping in the middle.  Real swimming involves long, lean strokes, not dog paddles.  Real swimming involves deep, controlled breaths, not frantic gasps for air.  Real swimming involves slicing through the water, not slapping the water silly.  Real swimming involves shoulder rotation,  not windmill arms.  Real swimming involves rhythmic, smooth  kicking, not haphazard scissor chops.
A swim angel came to me today.   She had her work cut out for her.  She said she was up for the challenge.  Poor thing.  She just didn't know.  We got to the pool.  I couldn't put my swim cap on.  And so the lesson started.....
  
I had a very good swim angel.  (Thank you, Maria).

I have my sights set on the Ironman.

4 comments:

  1. you go, girl. set your goals! You can do it! We all have angels and they all have their work cut out for them, no matter who you are! Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear sister, I have said from the very beginning that you could do this. that no one part was unmanageable and when added together it is not an impossible task. I have always know that you are an ironman! I am so grateful that your swim angel made you wake up and smell the coffee! YOU ARE A TRI GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. iron man = 2.4 mile swim. u might want to try a few more lessons first

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the other " Anonymous " :

    All your dreams can come true - if you have the courage to pursue them. -

    ReplyDelete