REALLY "TRI" ING


are floaties allowed?

Saturday, August 10, 2013

I looked super cute as I headed out the door for my run today.  What?  I did.  I can't help it.  Cute white ruffle running skirt, lime green tank top, hot pink sports bra, peach tattoo peeking out, matching lime green headband, pink socks.  See?  So cute.  (Well,  something has to look good when I'm running because it sure the heck isn't me.  Might as well be my running clothes).

Out the door (looking cute), down the street, across to Stratton.  Looking good, feeling good.

The first couple of miles were fine.  Nice, easy, not too many creaking parts.

It was around mile three that the wheels came off.  Perhaps it was my two (or five) days of "rest."  I don't know.  I just didn't have it in me. I started to slow down.  At this point I believe a turtle passed me. I looked around. If I went right I could go up that path, cut through the parking lot and be home in five minutes.  If I stay on course I have to go straight,  run for a while, turn around, then run some more.

Uggggggg. I go straight.  Bleckkkkkkkkkkk.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.   Aaarrrggggg. Why? Why do I do this to myself?  What is wrong with me?  Why do I run again?

I manage to get myself to the end of the path and turn around.  I am overheated, farther from home than I want to be and cursing all those potato chips I ate at lunch.

A runner is approaching, about to pass me going the other way.  All of a sudden, out of nowhere, she shouts out to me: "YOU ROCK!!"  Huh?  I look around.  Nope, nobody else there.  Are you talking to me?  I rock??  Me??  Right now?

And then I thought about it.  She was right.  I do rock!  I was out there. I was trying.  I was gutting it out, going the long way instead of taking a short cut.   So I may not look pretty (except for my outfit...it still looks amahhhzing!), so my face may be so red it's almost a shade of purple not found in nature, so my running form stinks and I am slower than molasses..... I am here, at Stratton, in my cute little running outfit, putting one foot in front of the other.

I give her a big thumbs up and kick my run into gear.  I finish the path, race up the hill, run out of Stratton and head back home.  Feeling awesome.  And very rock-star-ish.


That fellow runner's two little words changed my whole run.  Complete one eighty. My entire attitude changed.  I went from having a really bad run to having one of my best runs of the summer.  And she probably had no idea the effect her words had on me.

I know I have already given you this assignment, dear 20 followers and two lurkers.   I am giving it to you again.

Words matter.  A lot.  I want you to use your words to build somebody up today.  It can be somebody you love, somebody you like, somebody you don't like or a complete stranger.  Use your words.  For good.

AND....if you are willing, I would love for you to share with the group exactly how you used your words to build someone up.

 Please leave a comment.  (I think there may be a problem when people try to leave comments, however.  I mean, I can't believe it is working properly.  There were zero comments after my last post.  Zero. So it must be broken.  I mean, there can't possibly be any other explanation for having absolutely no comments, right?).  Ok, ok, I'll come right out and say it:  Leave comments!!  Always!!  After every post.

Words matter.  Positivity is contagious.  Start now.

12 comments:

  1. You write so very well. You are trying to be a runner. You will only improve. Running is not easy but you are doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait...didn't mean to say that you weren't a runner already. I have never ran. What do I know. What I do know is a that I enjoy reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait...didn't mean to say that you weren't a runner already. I have never ran. What do I know. What I do know is a that I enjoy reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. MeliB,
    Thank you so much!! First of all, thank you for leaving a comment. Yay! It works! (wait, it works?? Hmm....it works....zero comments...).
    Secondly, you just did what I asked everybody to do!! You used your words for good... to build me up. Thank you for saying I write well and you enjoy reading my blog. I am so, so happy to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes - Peach - YOU ROCK ! No outfit is complete without those new, latest model high tech running shoes, promised - no less - from from the President of the shoe company ?? - Now they will complete your amazing,dazzle me twice, outfit. - LOL .-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous (DAD!!),
      Yes, I cannot wait for those those shoes. I feel another blog post coming on....

      Delete
  7. Great idea Peach - will try it tonite at TGIFriday's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom, you are the master of this technique...have been doing it for me my entire life! :)

      Delete
  8. This post made me happy. Go, Peach, Go!

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Erin! YOU make me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete