REALLY "TRI" ING


are floaties allowed?

Thursday, October 13, 2011

I don't do well with decisions.

 To those of you who know me well, this revelation comes as no surprise.   You all have one or two ...thousand...examples to illustrate this point.  The countless hours waiting, waiting, waiting for me to make up my mind.   Over anything.  And everything.  Big, little.  It doesn't matter.  I will stand looking at a pair of earrings for half an hour debating blue or pink.  Or hold up two shirts for an hour, pink or deeper pink.   Or make every person who enters my house give their opinion about what color to paint the living room because that decision causes me panic.    Or stand in front of a mirror at Clever on Main {(fave store in the whole wide world) sidebar: my avatar life is in Santa Monica. I belong there. It's my destiny.  It is my most favorite place. The people are nicer there, the weather is better there, the beaches are better...wait, nope...not true.  Stone Harbor beats any other beach, hands down.  But Santa Monica comes close.  I can only thank Christie for going to USC and my brother and Patrick for living there to give me an excuse to visit.  I am a regular at Clever on Main and at Groundworks.  I am a regular at more places in SM than I am in Simsbury. When I grow up I am going to move to Santa Monica)} stand in front of the mirror  for hours and hours only to put the dress I absolutely cannot decide if I have to have on hold, come back the next day, stand in front of the mirror for hours again til the owner eventually comes over and politely asks if she discounts the dress will I kindly give the other patrons a shot at the mirror.

So I am not a good decider.  But I have a decision I am trying to make.  And I can't.   So, dear 18 followers and 2 lurkers, I am coming to you.  For help.  To make my decision for me.

Should I, or should I not, enter the Disney Princess Half Marathon?

Pros:
1.  a  TIARA upon crossing the finish line.
2.  see number one
3.  see number one
4.  see number one

Cons:

1.  it's really, really expensive
2.  I would have to train
3.  I would have to train in the winter.  In my real Simsbury life, not my avatar Santa Monica life.
4.  it's really, really expensive
5.  I would have to remain on hair strike.  While this fact doesn't bother me so much, it most definitely will bother those who are forced to look at me.
6.  I would have to buy real winter running clothes.  oh, wait...that's a pro not a con. cute pink running tights, cute pink hat.  definitely a pro.
7.  I would have to keep eating healthy through the holidays.  I can't remember a January in which all my pants still fit.  huh. that's quite a concept.
8.  I might run into a bear while out running.  Nah...never happen.


There you have it.  Pros.  Cons.

It's up to you.









No comments:

Post a Comment