REALLY "TRI" ING


are floaties allowed?

Thursday, October 6, 2011



It was just a regular run.  Nothing special.  I felt regular.  I was running regular.  Nothing special.  Nothing out of the ordinary.

"You look fantastic!" a woman shouted as she walked up her driveway to get her mail.  I turned around.  Who is she talking to I wonder??  "You have been running for while," she said.  She was looking at me.  She was talking to me.   "I remember when you first started and would run by my house.  You have come such a long way.  You look amazing!"

Wow.  Wow and wow.  Here was a total stranger cheering me on, telling me how far I've come. Boosting me up.  Offering me encouragement.  Letting me know my efforts have been worth it.

 So, as it turns out, it wasn't just a regular run.  It was a very special run. It was an extraordinary run.

The power of words.

Today, dear 17 followers and 2 lurkers (sidebar:  what happened,  lurker number one??  We were so close!), today I have an assignment for you.  Each and every one of you has the power to build someone up today with your words.  You have the power to turn someone's day around with a few simple words.  Words of encouragement or praise or  recognition. Your assignment is to do just that.  Build someone up.  With your words.  And a positive attitude.  See the powerful effect your words can make on someone else.  Turn their regular run into an extraordinary run.


P.S. Please feel free to share the results of your assignment with the class.

3 comments:

  1. Omg Petra! Can I live in your world for one minute and bask in the glow of that woman's words to you? Or better yet you could call me and say something wonderful to me.... Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, all the wonderful things I have to say about you could not possibly fit in this little box. You are the best sister a girl could ever want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! What a wonderful gift that woman gave you. A little kindness and encouragement goes a long way. I think your writing looks fantastic too (what DID happen to Lurker #1?).

    Thanks for popping by the Fibro today.

    ReplyDelete