REALLY "TRI" ING


are floaties allowed?

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A little story

Josh is special.  And not just because that's the politically correct label for him.  He's special in so many, many ways.  He's special because he is cheery and positive and strong and happy and funny and optimistic and brave  and... and... and.  On and on.    He is all of those things.  He is all of those things despite the terrible hands he has been dealt...born to a drug addicted mother, locked in a closet when he was young, physically and emotionally abused.  Josh is a fighter.  With the love and support of some pretty amazing adoptive parents, Josh has turned into a  wonderful young man.  And now Josh has cancer.  For the second time.  So he is also a patient in my hospital.  I go up and visit him a lot when he is inpatient.  He is always smiling.  Can you imagine?  Smiling??

Recently Josh was able to go home for a couple of weeks.  He and his mom stopped by to visit my husband and his partner at work.

Maria (hubby's partner):  "hey, Joshie, I didn't know you would be coming by today.  I have a present for you.  I left it at your house, on your front stairs."

Josh:  "Is it Petra?"

I love my life.

2 comments: