REALLY "TRI" ING


are floaties allowed?

Thursday, September 8, 2011

T minus 3 days.

What was I thinking?  Seriously, what was I thinking??  I should have chosen the cut and color.

Sure, it all sounded great a couple of months ago.  Why yes, of course I want to do another triathlon.  The adventures in training, the Zoot suit, the new (hopefully pink) tee shirt, the feeling of accomplishment crossing the finish line.  Yes, Yes!! Of course  I'll do it!! Sign me up!!  There's absolutely no reason not to!

It is fifty five degrees out.  Hello, reason.

 I do not own a wetsuit.  And, as I believe we all know by now, one part of a triathlon involves swimming.   In the water.  The cold water.  The cold, unwetsuited water.

There has been a change in my training schedule for the next three days.  Gone are the plans for a nice bike ride, a quick run then a rest day.   Nope.  I am going to be holed up in my room training for this triathlon.   Training intensely.  Training furiously.  Training like I've never trained before.

Training to have a hot flash on command.

Hot flashes.  The new wetsuit.




No comments:

Post a Comment