REALLY "TRI" ING


are floaties allowed?

Sunday, September 8, 2013

When I was in Stone Harbor, Amy told me I should try her running shoes.   They were these funky, BIG, clod-hoppery looking things called Hoka One One.  I was skeptical.  Very skeptical.  But Amy's cool...she's super smart, is a surgeon and in her spare time is going to law school (in my spare time I go to sleep) and has competed in half ironman triathlons.  Yes, I said half ironman.  You know how I am training for a half marathon?  Well, a half ironman is a half marathon, too.  AFTER you've finished a 1.2 mile swim and a 56 mile bike.

So if Amy told me I should try her running shoes, I should try her running shoes.

I laced up, went out the door and...... RAN ON A CLOUD.  I am serious.  These running shoes were the most amazing things I have ever put on my feet (and that includes those drop dead gorgeous Gucci boots I tried on in Nordstroms).    I don't know how they do it but it's like running on air.  I think there is some kind of magic involved.  I felt light and bouncy and free.  They were simply wonderful.  Perfect run start to finish.  Thank you, Amy.  This sure was a treat.

Well, it appears that the magic wasn't over in Stone Harbor.

Look what arrived at my doorstep recently:



Thank you to the AWESOME people at Hoka One One for sponsoring me in my half marathon with A NEW PAIR OF RUNNING SHOES!!  Can you believe it??  I know!!  I can't either.  I am so totally psyched.  And very, very grateful.


Hoka One One (pronounced Ho-kah Oh-nay Oh-nay) means "Time to Fly" in Maori.

Thank you, Hoka One One, for letting it be my time to fly.

http://www.crowdrise.com/CTChildrens/fundraiser/petraamrein



2 comments:

  1. Well, it is said that running in Hoka One One shoes is effortless, like running in a playful dream state. You lose yourself in every stride, you bounce, you float, you soar, you fly. It feels like fantasy, but it's real. -

    May this all come true for you, when you run your half marathon!
    Go SITS Girl -

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful sentiments! Thank you so,so much, anonymous.

    ReplyDelete