REALLY "TRI" ING


are floaties allowed?

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Triathlon Day


I. AM. A. TRIATHLETE.

I can wear my pink tri shirt now.  Not just try it on, admire it quickly then take it off.  Actually wear it.  For real.
 I swam.  I did not drown.  I was not the last one out of the bay.  I swam in circles around swimmers and rotated my shoulders to breathe deeply.   I biked.    The biking muscles that were developed on hidden Mount Everest let me fly on my borrowed bike with it's two working brakes and gears that changed.  I  "on your left"ed  many cyclists.    I ran.  I  danced a little to get through in the 89 degree heat but I moved forward.

I crossed the finish line.  Sweet, sweet finish line.   1:30:47.

Thank you, 12 followers and 2 lurkers, for all of your support.  You have all helped me become a triathlete. Thank you, Carla.  You are the very best sister a girl could ever have.  Thank you for believing in me and making this all possible.  Sorry I made you my lane marker in the swim.      
This has been an amazing experience.  Now I want each and every one of you to set a goal for yourself.  It doesn't have to be a triathlon.  But something. Something that you have always wanted to do.  Say it out loud.  Right now.  Go ahead, say it.  There.  It's out there.  That's the first step.  Now go out there and chase your dream.   Meet your own merwoman and duel your own deer.  You can do it.  Go out and LIVE LIFE.   I promise, it's worth it.

Peach

2 comments:

  1. You're the greatest! Congratulations!! Funny- as I write this the theme song to Biggest Loser is on the musaq at the office. No kidding.
    -Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an amazing experience and I am so proud to have crossed the finish line with you Petra (even if you already finished 30min before me and then came back to get me!) You are the best tri sister!

    ReplyDelete