REALLY "TRI" ING


are floaties allowed?

Sunday, June 26, 2011

T minus 21 days.     Biking day.

What was I supposed to do?  Honestly, you tell me.  What exactly was I supposed to do?   I mean, when you are biking along at a pretty serious clip (relative term; I prefer to think of myself as going at a serious clip. I would absolutely disagree with others who might offer up the term leisurely to describe my pace) and out of nowhere a bug shoots into your mouth and halfway down your throat what would you do?   Isn't it anyone's natural tendency to focus on the crisis at hand  and not on their surroundings? ?  Because let's not sugarcoat it----this is a crisis.    Who could possibly notice, let alone care about, the cars, joggers, kid on training wheels around them when they are waging a war with a bug that has just lodged itself  in the back of their throat?    In a situation such as this, you absolutely cannot be expected to have any control over which way your bike may turn or which side of the road you might end up on.  You are simply trying to survive.   And p.s:  to those of blasting your  horns that really doesn't help.  Here's what would help:  stopping, getting out of your car and coming to the aid of the bug infected cyclist.   I know I am new to the cycling world but it seems blatantly obvious to this newbie that there needs to be a universal bike sign for bug in  mouth / throat / ear / eye along with all your other weird hand motions.

No comments:

Post a Comment