REALLY "TRI" ING


are floaties allowed?

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

T minus 26 days.      Biking day.

Ok, 7 followers, you know I am a poser.  I know I am a poser.  And I am fairly certain that my pink running skirt, pink top and matching pink sweatband announce loud and clear to my fellow cyclists that I am a poser (sidebar:  no, I have not been able to bring myself to purchase a pair of ugly black padded bike shorts yet.  I forced myself to physically get in the car and go to a bike store today with the sole intention of buying a pair.  I really did.  Got to the store.  Walked up to the entrance.  And LANCE ARMSTRONG opened the door for me.  I am dead serious.  It threw me for such a loop that I couldn't focus on the shorts. How could I possibly care about - let alone try on -ugly black padded shorts when Lance Armstrong was standing right there.  I mean, is this what he does now?  Goes to bike stores in sleepy little towns and freaks out the locals??).   But tonight, dear followers, tonight my inner goddess cyclist came out.  I ON YOUR LEFT-ed someone!!  omg omg omg.  Do you realize just what this means??  It means I was going fast enough that I had to pass another cyclist.   Left her in my dust.  Hah!  Take that, head to toe proper- cycle- apparel- wearing person.  You lose.  I win.  Man did that feel good.  Reveling in my new-found cycling prowess.  Bike, bike, bike.  Chance a glance back over my shoulder.  Whaaat?  Wild-eyed proper clad cyclist is bearing down on me on me with a vengeance.  She is trying to on your left me!  Well, I never!  No way.  Not going to happen.  Not tonight.  You picked the wrong pink skirted girl to mess with, lady.  I turn on all cylinders and feel the burn.  It's worth it.  I pull ahead and let my cycle goddess fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment