REALLY "TRI" ING


are floaties allowed?

Monday, June 13, 2011

T minus 34 days.   Biking day.

Here is a warning to all of my fellow Simsbury residents who may happen upon me when I am out on my biking day:  STAY AWAY.  Far, far away.  I have literally no idea what I am doing.  I find myself going in random directions because I have no idea how to move with the traffic.   I never know where I will end up.  I know where I want to end up.  I have about a 50/50 chance of making it there.  Tonight I went two miles out of my way.  Don't ask.  It involved a few left turns I couldn't quite handle.  Plus, I have not even come close to figuring out how to change gears properly.  I know my legs should not be spinning so fast they are in danger of flying off my body when I go down that hill but fixing that little problem has eluded me thus far.  I do try.   Once tonight I changed gears and landed in some horrible low gear (or high gear, I have no idea what the proper term is) that made is so so hard to actually peddle that I come to a complete stop.  on a flat stretch of road.

Consider yourself warned.

1 comment:

  1. Our training today consisted of walking 2 miles to the local ice cream shop, buying a baby size cone and then consuming it while walking home...God, I love my triathlon training schedule!

    ReplyDelete